I am pleased to share that more than 140 tickets have been sold for this year’s Prom! That represents a 25% increase in typical Prom sales! Many thanks to our junior class council and committees and teacher moderators for working so hard under a very tight window of time to promote and organize Prom in this time of pandemic!
By now, parents know that Prom occurs Saturday, April 24th from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. at Whispering Springs Golf Club, 380 Whispering Springs Dr, Fond du Lac, WI 54937. This year, due to COVID-19 restrictions and precautions, SMSA shall be sponsoring Prom as a dance only event, which means the prom ticket does not include a traditional on-site dinner or admission to any post-prom activities. The Prom Court Grand March of seniors, and the crowning of Prom King and Queen remain a highlight tradition of the evening. Parents of Court members (ONLY) are welcome to arrive for the 9:00 p.m. Grand March.
While attending Prom at Whispering Springs, everyone shall be required to properly wear masks. We recognize that strict social distancing practices may not be possible, which further underscores the importance of mask wearing at this indoor large group event with young people who have not been vaccinated. Please be advised that the Fond du Lac County Health Department requires SMSA to contact trace Prom should a positive case of Covid-19 be reported. Students or guests who do not comply with SMSA Prom expectations may be asked to leave the dance. Refunds shall not be provided.
Finally, parents of Prom goers, please note:
- Students have been told that they may not arrive late to the Prom (after 8:30 p.m.). Any student arriving after this time, may only be admitted after a parent conversation with a school official on site at Whispering Springs.
- Students may not leave the Prom dance at Whispering Springs prior to 10:30 p.m. without parental approval (phone conversation with a school official on site at Whispering Springs). Per parents who are sponsoring and organizing post prom activities, students leaving the Prom dance early (before 10:30 p.m.) may not be admitted to post prom celebrations.
“SPRING HOMECOMING WEEK” Comes to the Springs: May 1st – 8th
We are pleased to announce that the month of May will commence with Spring Homecoming Week – a celebration that is a unique opportunity resulting from the confluence of fall and spring athletics during this unusual year so impacted and influenced by COVID-19. “Spring Homecoming Week” shall include:
- Saturday, May 1st
- 12 Noon to 2:00 p.m., Football Game (Ripon Field). This is the second to last football game of the season. It also kicks off “Spring Homecoming Week” at SMSA! The student council is organizing special theme days at school from Monday – Friday, May 3rd – 7th.
- 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Powder Puff Football Game involving Senior, Junior, Sophomore and Freshman Girls (Marian University Soccer Fields). Two rounds of games to determine a Champion! Parents are welcome to attend! This is the second event of “Spring Homecoming Week” at SMSA. Social distancing and masks are recommended.
- 8:00 to10:00 p.m., Bonfire! (SMSA North Parking Lot) is the third event of this eventful Saturday and of “Spring Homecoming Week!” It is a special chance for the school community to gather outdoors under the stars and enjoy fellowship and music! The Fond du Lac Fire Department is partnering to make this a safe and fun event for all!
- Wednesday, May 5th from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. is Spring Concert (Holy Family Church). Parents of student participants are welcome. Masks are required for all in attendance.
- Thursday, May 6th from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Ledger Honors Convocation for the high school (Hutter Gym). This event is an integration of the annual Department Awards and Senior Heritage Awards. Senior parents (only) are invited to attend in-person. A livestream of the event will also be made available. The event will feature community scholarship presentations and key SMSA legacy and heritage awards in the presence of the whole school community. Masks are required for all in attendance.
- Friday, May 7th from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Field Day (SMSA Fields) This special event is for all SMSA students only, and will occur within the context of the school day. This fun event of friendly competition is being organized by the student council.
- Saturday, May 8th from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. Jazz Night (Thelma Sadoff Center). This will be the final musical performances of the year. Parents of Jazz night performers are eligible for event tickets. Masks are required for all in attendance.
We are grateful to God for the graces which have enabled these plans to unfold for our Ledgers! In a school year that has been anything but typical, these end of the year opportunities allow our Springs community to recapture some semblance of normalcy, and offer a chance to celebrate ‘community’ – an important core value of The Ledger Way.
Exam schedule and expectations: May 18th – 21st
The following details have been finalized and shared with all students. Homeroom teachers are taking time to review each document with students in the days ahead.
The Ledger Way calls students to responsibility, respect, learning, leadership, community and faith. The faculty, staff and administration depend on students to know what is expected and behave appropriately. As we wind down this long and challenging year with so many unusual aspects, we are all eager for the changes and experiences that summer will usher in. Our faculty and staff are 100% committed to finishing strong! We encourage students to do the same. A positive end to the school year will involve treating one another with respect; counting blessings each day; not falling behind in school work; and preparing for school each day the way teachers expect. Finally, parents please note that late work cannot be credited after Friday, May 21st . Skyward grade changes will not be possible after that date (with the singular exception of documented medical excuses). Please help our Ledgers to plan well, keep up with their obligations, and enjoy finishing strong!
Our Lady of the Ledge, pray for us!
Be well, God bless.
Eamonn O’Keeffe, Principal Grades 9-12