St. Mary’s Springs Academy is seeking a full time Director of Student Services for grades 6-12. The Director is responsible for managing programs that support students with identified special educational needs and those students identified as needing academic intervention and support. Together with the classroom teaching staff, the Student Services Director helps provide necessary accommodations and modifications as designated by building accommodation plans or service plans. The Director ensures that the System’s education objectives are aligned with state and Milwaukee Archdiocese requirements and to instructional practices that yield the highest standards of student achievement and instructional excellence. This position would start immediately, however, candidates who are interested in exploring for the 2018-2019 academic year are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage grades 6-12 caseload for students with Individualized Learning Plans (IEP), Service Plans, and/or Building Accommodation Plans (BAP);
- Initiative, lead and follow up on all Student Service Team Meetings for grades 6-12;
- Support the Enrollment Coordinator in the enrollment process by reviewing student files/records and once accepted, work with the Student Services Team to discuss and plan for incoming students with Individualized Education Programs (IEP), Service Plans, and/or Building Accommodation Plans (BAP);
- Work in partnership with 6-12 Principal and Counselors on placement testing of incoming students and subsequent course placement;
- Direct both Middle and High School Student Service Aides in their work to support student progress;
- Lead communication with the public school district relative to required IEP meetings, annual reporting, and referrals;
- Communicate with teachers and staff all BAP/Service Plan accommodations and ensure compliance;
- Share information with staff regarding best practices in special education, instructional issues, and state and federal requirements regarding services for students with special needs and disabilities, Section 504 and other support-related programs;
- Coordinate and conduct professional development activities for staff working with students with special needs and disabilities;
- Understand and implement federal, state, and local laws, policies, regulations, and procedures and protocols including the implications of liability and requirements of due process;
- Facilitate communication and working relationships with parents, outside agencies and community resources;
- Understand him/her self as an integral member of the educational team that effectively communicates to staff, parents, students, and community members a systemic approach that models teamwork, encourages collegiality, and supports collaboration;
- Believe that all students have the natural ability to succeed at high levels of learning and it is the behaviors and actions of the adults in the school that nurture, develop, and encourage each and every student.
- Masters Degree or higher with a major in Special Education, Psychology, and/or Counseling / Related Services.
- MA Special Education educator license
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in special education; leadership experience in the field preferred
- Ability to handle multitude of varying and complex issues
- Extensive understanding of special education regulations and laws
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Practicing Catholic preferred
The 6-12 Director of Student Services position would begin immediately, however, candidates who are interested in exploring for the 2018-2019 academic year are encouraged to apply. Candidates must submit a cover letter, application (including salary requirements) and resume and submitted to Carrie Wiza, HR Coordinator at: email@example.com or by mail to SMSA, 255 County Road K, Fond du lac, WI 54937. For questions regarding the position, please call (920) 322-3215.