WIS 23 Expansion
Description of work: This portion of the WIS 23 improvement project will reconstruct and raise the profile of the existing four lane portion of WIS 23 from US 151 to Whispering Springs Boulevard and expand WIS 23 from 2 lanes to 4 lanes from Whispering Springs Boulevard to Seven Hills Road. Interchanges will be constructed at County K and County UU, intersection improvements will also be made throughout the corridor.
June 14 to June 18:
The traffic switch has been completed this week between Highway 151 and County UU. The contractor is beginning to construct the new eastbound and Wisconsin American Drive roundabout. The contractor will begin working on County K north of Highway 23 later this week. The contractor will also continue to work on the new westbound lanes on the east end of the project.
June 21 to June 25:
The contractor will continue working on Highway 23 eastbound and the Wisconsin American Drive from USH 151 to County UU. They will also continue working on County K north of Highway 23 and new westbound on Highway 23 on the east end of the project.
- CTH UU (South of STH 23) – Closed
- CTH UU (North of STH 23) – Closed
- WB shoulder closure Whispering Springs to 7 Hills Road – Closed
The following restrictions will remain in place.
- Northbound American Drive to westbound highway 23
- Northbound County K to westbound highway 23
- Northbound Mary Hill to westbound highway 23
- Southbound Whispering Springs to eastbound highway 23
- Northbound Northway Drive to westbound highway 23
- Westbound highway 23 to southbound County K
- Westbound highway 23 to southbound Mary Hill
- Eastbound highway 23 to northbound Whispering Springs
- Westbound highway 23 to southbound Northway Drive
Please use alternate routes to access these locations.
For more information on the project please visit the following website:
Looking for real-time updates of the expansion project? Click here.