• Want to learn more about Spark, Youth Apprenticeship Program? It is a statewide
initiative for high school students who want hands-on learning in an area of career
interest at a worksite along with classroom instruction. There will be parent
information sessions to attend for more information.
- Wednesday, Jan. 17th at 5:30 pm Fond du Lac HS/Media Center
- Wednesday, Jan. 31st at 6:00 pm Oakfield HS/Cafeteria
- Tuesday, Feb. 14th at 6:00 pm Lomira High School/Commons
- Wednesday, Feb. 19th at 5:30 pm Horace Mann HS/Media Center
You do not have to attend at your child’s school if the date and time will not work with your schedule. For more information, please contact Mrs. Lisa McArthur,
firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-322-2289.
• There will be a Catholic College Fair held at Central High School in Burlington, WI on Monday, March 12th from 6:00-7:30 pm. Their goal is to have the largest and best Catholic College Fair in Wisconsin! More information will be coming. Save the date!
• Michels Corporation is sponsoring a Michels Career Exploration Day on May 8th for Middle School and May 9th for High School. This experience is ideal for students exploring careers in Welding, Power line installation, Horizontal Directional Drilling, Gas
Distribution pipeline, Equipment Operation, Auto Body Mechanics, Robotics and Drones. This will be held at 817 Main Street, Brownsville, WI. The timeline is from 9:00 am -1:00 pm. More information is in the Counseling Office.
• The ZAPS ACT Test-Prep Seminar will be held at St. Mary’s Springs Academy High School on Friday, February 16th from 8:15am-2:15 pm. The cost is $89.99. The Junior class parents will be receiving a letter in the mail regarding this in the near future.
• “Discover Moraine Park” is being held at the FDL Campus on Wednesday, February 7th from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm. Participants can visit classrooms with instructors and be
introduced to Advising and other college services and receive a $30 Application
Voucher. They can also attend a Financial Aid Workshop from 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm. For more information and to pre-register, visit http://morainepark.edu/discover.
• The Counseling Office has received information about the Congress-Bundestag
Vocational Youth Exchange Program. It’s available to graduating seniors to spend a year in Germany living with a host family, participating in a school or training program, and
getting hands-on work experience through an internship with a German company. More information is available in the Counseling Office.
• Upcoming ACT test dates are February 10, April 14, June 9 and July 14, 2018. Register at www.act.org.